Could a croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ help you to focus like a pirate?
Ahoy, skill-builder pirate of Jamstackia!
In my last letter, we looked into Don't let Distraction Diaz distract you. Today, I'll show you my favorite focus tool to determine when your sub-task practice session is done. It's my great-grandfather Captain Crook's croco clock. 🐊 ⏲️ We'll look at:
What a croco-clock is, Why it can help you focus and How you use it.
WHAT is a croco-clock 🐊 ⏲️ ?
A croco-clock 🐊 can be an egg clock ⏲️ that goes ARRR! when your sub-task practice session is done.
Then you can stop
WHY could a croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ help you to focus like a pirate?
Firstly you decide to automate your sub-task into your dev-brain. This is good for your focus.
Secondly, by starting your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ you confirm to yourself your decision to automate your sub-task into your dev-brain
Thirdly, the clock is literally ticking, and you know you have this ONE practice session to automate your sub-task into your dev-brain.
HOW do you use your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ ?
- You set your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ to for example, 96 minutes
- And place it in another room, especially if you are using your cellphone
- You do your sub-task in exactly the same way again and again
- Keep doing your sub-task again and again until your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ goes ARRR! even past the point, you feel you are already doing your sub-task 96%-reliably
- Because you're a practice pirate and this sub-task will be YOUR treasure only when you have it automated into your dev-brain
Yo-Ho-Ho and a bottle of GO! 😺
Write up a sentence about your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ experiments and email it to Lillian (7 🏴☠️👸) and me; that would help us a lot!
Stay piraty 🏴☠️😺👍 and keep practicing!
Cap'n Ola Vea
PS: The next letter will be about "The Again Logbook."