Could The Again Logbook 📕 help you to do your sub-task again and again?
Ahoy, skill-builder pirate of Jamstackia!
We looked into "my favorite focus tool to find out when your sub-task practice session is done, the croco-clock 🐊-⏲️" in my last letter. Today I'll show you The Again Logbook 📕.
We'll look at:
- What The Again Logbook 📕 is,
- Why it can help you to do your sub-task again and again
- How you use The Again Logbook 📕
WHAT is The Again Logbook 📕?
The Again Logbook can be a little red notebook. Here is mine; the Queen bought it for me in Greece.
WHY could The Again Logbook 📕 help you to do your sub-task again and again?
Firstly you decide to automate your sub-task into your dev-brain. This is good for your motivation. Your personal value increases with each sub-task you have automated into your dev-brain.
Secondly, by deciding to do your sub-task six times, or whatever you choose, you confirm to yourself your decision to automate your sub-task into your dev-brain.
Thirdly, if you give up before you have done your sub-task six times you loose.
HOW do you use your Again Logbook? 📕
- Set your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ to, for example 96 minutes
- Make a row of tiny squares, as many as the repetitions you decided on
- Each time you finish your sub-task, turn one tiny square into an "!"
- Keep doing your sub-task again and again until your croco-clock 🐊-⏲️ goes ARRR! even past your six times, but keep making a new "!" each time
- Because doing them more times than you planned feels like winning
Yo-Ho-Ho and a bottle of GO! 😺
Try it out and send Lillian (7 🏴☠️👸) and me a sentence about your Again Logbook 📕 experiments.
Stay piraty 🏴☠️😺👍 and keep practicing!
Cap'n Ola Vea