We broke Twitter (kind of) with our launch
Thank you, thank you, thank you 🙏
We are in awe of all the support for Prune your Follows, and I guess us 🥰
The launch went so well that Twitter was not having it. After just a couple of hours, Prune your Follows had facilitated over 500 unfollows, and Twitter cut off our access 😱
Giving most users of Prune your Follows this experience:
Even so, we claimed the 13th spot on Product Hunt that day 💪
- Having an annoyed user help rewrite the alert to something positive
- Aremu doing all he could on Twitter to help support us including this meme
- The 80+ comments on the Product Hunt launch page
- Several folks loving PYF and asking for new features
- 100+ new users on the day and another 100+ users over the weekend
And a huge thank you to all that retweeted and an extra huge thanks those that quote tweeted (or made your own tweets): @SoftwareSocPod, @nathanjpowellUX, @alexf_19, @kafarina_, @JudoHacker, @CasJam, @colbyfayock, @EmmettNaughton, @jonathanstark, @gtchakama, @jamesqquick, @spences10, @aremu_smog and @xata.
All outstanding accounts you should follow, by the way.
In 2023 we plan to improve Prune your Follows. It's all open source made with Gatsby + Next Auth + Xata + Tailwind. If you would like to contribute, let us know!
All the best,